This vegan cornbread is simple, healthy, and delicious! I like to serve it with chili; and, I am often using this recipe to make corn muffins for my toddlers. Whenever I bake them, the kids are begging to eat them the whole time they’re in the oven!
Cornbread or Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups stone ground corn meal
- 1/2 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla plant-based beverage
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients (corn meal, whole wheat flour, date sugar, and baking powder).
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients (vanilla plant-based beverage, unsweetened applesauce, and flax egg).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just blended.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.